Sometimes all you need to live life your way is a little help. At Friendship Village, assisted living — also known as boarding care — offers assistance with the activities of daily living in a supportive environment specially designed to enhance and maximize each resident’s sense of independence. Charming setting provides the comforts of home, while engaging programs and activities offer daily opportunities to stay active and sharp. We work proactively with your family, friends and physician to create a personalized plan that lets you keep doing the things you love most.
To learn more about our assisted living in Bloomington, MN for yourself or a loved one, fill out the contact form on this page.
- Chef-prepared meals in the main dining room or the café
- Access to our fitness center with its pool, workout areas and ongoing mind-enriching activities
- Social, cultural and recreational activities
- Help with activities of daily living, including personal care and hygiene, dressing, and mobility
- Scheduled transportation
- Utilities, including electricity, water, heating, cooling and local telephone
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linen service
- Individual thermostats
- Smoke alarm and sprinkler system
- 24-hour-attended call cords in bath and bedroom
- Cable and internet options
In general, it’s best to start with a physician’s assessment. Depending on your situation, or that of your loved one, you can find the right level of assistance. When help with daily tasks is needed — taking medicines, bathing, dressing, meals, transportation and housekeeping — an assisted living residence can be the answer. Trained professionals provide this assistance while helping preserve an individual’s independence.
Making your apartment feel like home is important to us, too. Residents bring their favorite things and furniture to make the space their own.